Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dark Shadow coming to a screen new you?

Johnny Depp Washington, August 17 (ANI): Johnny Depp is bidding to take vampire thriller ‘Dark Shadows’ to the big screen.The Hollywood star’s interest in the project reflects in the fact that the 1960s series used to be his favourite childhood TV show.The show was about a man struck down with a vampire curse.Hoping to turn it into a movie franchise, Depp has collaborated with director Tim Burton.“I was obsessed with (lead character) Barnabas Collins. I have photographs of me holding Barnabas Collins’ posters when I was five or six,” Contactmusic quoted the actor as saying.Burton has already worked with Depp on movies Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.He admits that work on their new project is underway.The director reveals: “That’s the plan. There was something very weird about (Dark Shadows), it had the weirdest vibe to it. I’m sort of intrigued about that vibe. It’s early days on it, but I’m excited about it.”

source http://community.livejournal.com/vampirecafe/369396.html

No comments:

Post a Comment